Choosing a Drama School
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Acting In Theater and other Acting topics.
When you're in the market for drama schools, you may be overwhelmed by the amount of places to choose from. Overall, you're going to have to weed out the schools that are not perfect for you and find ones that will work with you to help you become the best actor you can be.
Here are a few things to consider when searching for a drama school:
- Location. How far are you willing to travel to go to school? If you need to relocate, where will you live?
- Budget. Can you afford tuition at the drama school? If not, are there alternate ways to pay for your education such as financial aid, student loans, or work study programs?
- Coursework. What types of classes are offered? Do they suit the kind of acting you want to be doing in the future? Is there decent variety?
- Faculty. Who will be your teachers? Do you recognize any of them as established actors? If not, what are their credentials?
- Current and Past Students. What have the graduates of this school done with their careers? Can you speak to current students to find out why they like the school?